Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Passion or Finance

I'm in the midst of a dilemma. Could be trivial but what i opt to take would change my life at that point.

It has always been man's destiny to search for eternal happiness--contentment is relative to the subject. With the current mental disposition, state of my pocket, and the allowable vaccum of my creative juices...I'm confused.

I recently applied for a position in a famous advertising company here in Cebu. I got accepted but not to the position i applied for but better. On tuesday, i will be officially a COPYWRITER. The one thing i dreamed about when i was still in my undergradute years in UP. The job that was so glamorous for me; so enticing and; so much fun.

But, i'm currently still employed by a call center company. I didnt tell the Ad agency because in the first place they didnt ask me if i was employed, they assumed i wasn't. It's not my habit to volunteer information. Going back, with my current job i am about to be transferred to another program, a technical support program which will inevitably increase my salary per month BUT let me clarify it to you, i don't like my current job. I do it because I have to. To support myself and try to be independent.

The answer is obvious for me but i cant help but to feel confused because its a Do or Die situation for me.

This has become a war between PASSION versus FINANCE.

I'm a woman of passion and substance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home