Saturday, July 29, 2006

poetiK

I just thought i'd post this. One of the poetic moments i had in the midst of boredom and heartache of finally letting go of the person i dedicated (gawdd!) my life for three years.

***

How do I unlove you?
Do I hug you with my head resting on your shoulder or with my
chin on your shoulder?
Do I rest my hand on your hand or do I lock it with your fingers?
Do you wipe away my tears or do you pat me on the shoulders
and tell me, it'll be fine?
Do I turn away everytime you come and touch my face?
Do I kiss you on the cheeks and not on the lips?

How do you unlove?
How do you unlearn a mundane and ordinary thing?
Do you take it off like a shirt?
Or scrub it with detergent?
Or sanitize it with steam?
Such perversions. Unnatural. Aberrant.

Teach me. Educate me.
Tell me, how did you learn to unlove me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home